The 16 Top LinkedIn Profile Tips From a Content Marketing Expert
Review and implement these expert top tips to boost your LinkedIn and social media profile pages that will help you drive more traffic and increase engagement by demonstrating your knowledge, thought leadership, and professionalism. Your social media branding, graphics, and content branding leave a message that can either connect with potential professional customers or be rejected. Boost your impact on LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter, and social media with professional images, graphics, and content.
From your banner header to a comprehensive profile that highlights your experience to recommendations that refer to your knowledge and expertise these expert-backed tips will make your profile shine and get noticed by potential clients.
These tips include everything you need to look professional, from “Keywords” and “Search Terms” in Your “Skills” Section to “Optimize Your Headline” and Photo for More Clicks.
Our 16 best LinkedIn Profile Tips and Tricks
1. A branded header: A customized branded banner advertising what you or your company do. This is the example header for our upcoming book launch page on Facebook.
2. A Logo. Invest time in graphic content for all your social media pages, especially a stunning logo that tells people what you do.
3. A professional photo of you. Pursed lips blowing a kiss at yourself on a cellphone camera and using it as your LinkedIn profile photo is not a great idea. A professional photo of yourself is an investment in you.
4. Complete all Profile Fields with a clear and precise company description, contact information, and Unique sales proposition (USP) or specialty if you are a consultant are essential.
5. Highlight Your Experience and Services: Write about the highlights, use bullet points, and bolding to communicate the unique aspects and specialties of your brand. If you are promoting yourself, you are the brand, the product.
6. Integrity. Be clear, precise, and truthful in describing you and your companies experience; don’t exaggerate.
Tips to raise your Business profile on LinkedIn
7. Create a Business Page. Extend your reach by creating a Showcase Page. LinkedIn Showcase Pages and Facebook business pages are a way to highlight your brand, share specific content with target audiences, and develop relationships that matter.
8. Images and Graphics: A picture does say a thousand words and can tell your story. Invest in professionally designed customized graphics that highlight your business or what you do. Swiping graphics from the web is not a professional way to showcase your products and services. Be the leader with custom graphics that others want to swipe from you.
9. Consistency and Activity: Consistently add activity on your LinkedIn page. Post frequently. Write thought leadership articles, post relevant information on your page, comment, and share with your connections and followers.
10. Meta Tags and Keywords correctly placed in your experience section do matter. Keywords and acronyms should be written thoughtfully into your summary and experience sections so hiring managers can find you more easily. Use "Keywords "and "Search Terms" in Your “Skills” Section to Optimize Your Headline and Photo for More Clicks.
11. Back Links: Include links to your website and blog in your profile, description, and posts.
12. Engage to Connect and Grow: Engage with your current connections and page followers. Genuinely comment and share on other people’s posts
13. Recommendations: Ask your network for LinkedIn Recommendations. Better to have third party validation on successful project completion, rather than blowing your own horn. Boasting about yourself is not high on anyone’s list. Make requests personal by asking for them through messaging or a phone call.
Image Source: Stanley Takase on LinkedIn Recommends Content Branding Solutions
14. Share to Grow. Social media is a great way to share what you’re doing with others to build relationships and help each other attract new business.
15. Engage in LinkedIn and Facebook Groups, be active regularly. Find industry-related groups and share your insights and thought leadership. LinkedIn Groups help others know you and create trust.
16. Invest time in your hook lines in your LinkedIn job summaries that continue to tell your story of how you got to be where you are today.
For Example, Stanley Takase:
▪ Building a Technology Bridge Between Asia, and the USA
▪ Creating the Culture, Efficiency, and Relationships For Business Success
▪ Bridging the Gap between USA Hi-Tech Startups, and China, with Asia Manufacturing Expertise
Remember, People buy people. LinkedIn and other social media weight your participation in groups, posting status updates, commenting on posts, liking content shared by connections. When others see your relevant activity, they are more likely to want to know more about you and your business.
Expert Tip: When connecting with someone for the first time, send a thank you message.
Invest in yourself. Upgrade to LinkedIn Premium. Hire a professional to help you put your LinkedIn and social media package together and optimize it to its fullest potential.
Apply these Branding Solutions to Your Social Media Pages to Reap Success.
Remember, have fun, be truthful, and the world will come to you.
B2B Marketers will want to include LinkedIn in their competitive strategies.
Skilled attraction marketing copywriters in combination with eye-catching graphics, can create the most effective kinds of LinkedIn content that:
▪ Gets noticed by turning eyeballs
▪ Gets read by your targeted market
▪ Makes you the thought leader in your industry
▪ Is shared more frequently
▪ Attracts more Business
“Well written copy can help leave your competition in the dust.” – Cheri Lucking
New Book Release COMING to AMAZON in MAY from ContentBrandingSolutions.com
Content Branding Solutions for Entrepreneurs: Strategic Content Marketing
TAKE THE MARKETING QUIZ
Test Your Knowledge. Take our Content Marketing Quiz to Test Your Knowledge and Create Your Plan for Strategic Content Marketing.
Call now to find out how Branding and Strategic Content can help you| Contact 303-362-0498
Phone: Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Website: www.contentbrandingsolutions.com
Content Branding Solutions Services Include:
- Brand Management
- Traditional Marketing and PR
- Graphics and Infographics
- Print Design
- Market Research
- Content Development
- Content Curation
- Social Media and Content Marketing
- Social Media Management
- Website Design
- Website Development
- Video Production
- Website Design – Search Engine Optimization SEO
- Website Design – Images and Graphics
- Website Design – Content & Integrated SEO
- Colors Do Matter in Marketing
- Nine (9) SEO Solutions to Improve Your Online Rankings!
- Why do You Need an Editorial Copywriter?
- How to create a Marketing Plan
- Increase Profits with Attraction Marketing – Tips to Expand Your Architecture & Engineering Firms
- Is your Website up-to-date and Properly Tagged? Do you need a Website Refresh?
- Activate Your Brand
- Thought Leadership, Copywriting, Branding for the Construction Industry
- Refreshing Your Architectural Website?
Content Branding Solutions World-class Websites – Digital Marketing for Professionals
Content Branding Solutions is the Solution for Your Growing Graphics, Website Design, SEO, and Copywriting Demands