Top 10 TIME WASTERS at home and at Work
People find creative ways to waste time at work and at home from endless, meaningless meetings to hours whiled away on social media with the first cup of coffee. The lack of motivation and SMART thinking can lead to unproductive time.
The lack of efficient solutions and multitasking in our busy daily lives can mean that there is a good chance that some of the things you and I do are a total waste of time... Here are some you can try in case you missed them.
1. Waiting for Inspiration
Every day is a new inspiration. Your attitude and the energy of people that surround you will affect your creativity. Get up and get creative. Surround yourself with positive people.
- Reduce unnecessary interruptions to help the flow of thought
Time is Money. It is costly to any endeavor and should be included in all calculations and organizations goals and aspirations.
Many so-called leaders where procrastination as clothing behind which they hide in self-importance, searching for perfectionism, their voices ease their fear of failure.
- Cut superfluous meetings, reduce emails communication
- Stop trying to get extra services for free, the time you waste on this could be solving a problem.
Worrying about money, what people will say, what the future holds?
The future is today. Make it a good one.
4. Stop Trying To Please Everybody
Abraham Lincoln made Poet John Lydgate famous when he used his words
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can't please all the people all of the time” - John Lydgate
Much of life comes down to CLEARLY COMMUNICATING one’s expectations, goals, and process if you meet these, then your task is successful.
When you refresh or design your website, there will be multiple people in the room, don’t try to please everyone set expectations, goals, and process so that you can measure success.
5. Surfing the Internet
Social Media, Email Mail, and Surfing the Internet are huge time wasters in many firms.
- Set rules for Email - If you can talk to the person do not send an Email
- Surfing personal social sites, do on personal time
I recently watched a landscaping firms’ lawnmower operator as he kept running over flowerbeds and hitting the sidewalk. He was texting! His firm pays him to mow, not text and smoke!
6. Repeating The Same Mistakes
Mistakes often reoccur in patterns. For Example, in many business meetings, people fail to say no or speak up and then regret it.
“The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result.” - Albert Einstein
It takes a team to produce a high-quality product, speak up, stand up, and be counted.
The Last 10% of any project gets more difficult logarithmically; The last 5% is the perfection that you can achieve at the cost of time and great expense.
We have a friend who has been writing a self-help book for 20 years. Ten years ago, we offered to edit and publish her book. We got as far as producing the cover and were poised to upload it to Amazon when she panicked. Her perfectionism and fear of failure kicked in!
Ten years later, she is still perfecting her book and frightened of failing.
8. Lack of Priorities
Not setting goals and priorities is a common mistake we see all the time many firms do not have a marketing and Business development plan! I guess they are not interested in making money.
Always set your goals and prioritize your workflow; these are the foundation of your success.
- Set priorities to reduce all unnecessary tasks
Set SMART Content Marketing Goals
9. The Fear of Failure
Failure is the steppingstone to success. If you fail, try and try again’ but before leaping headfirst into “Repeating the Same Mistakes,” learn from the failure by analyzing all aspects to break the cycle.
10. Don’t Be a Zombie
Life is for Living. Take a vacation and live your life every day. Relax and take a moment to center your thoughts and be with the one you love.
It is far to easy to become agitated with coworkers, step away, breathe, take a break, walk around the block, relax, and start again with positive energy.
DELEGATE to free up your time. Don’t procrastinate, and don’t take the attitude, “It will be quicker just to do it myself.” Delegate, then go relax!
What Are the Biggest Time Wasters In Your Organization?
How to Be Productive and Proactive
Content Branding Solutions Services Include:
- Attraction Marketing Services: Attraction Marketing Copywriting, Content, Copy and SEO Services
- Brand and Branding Services from The Content Strategists and 'Branding Knowledge Experts' at Content Branding Solutions
- Branding and Brand Refresh in conjunction with website branding development and design and associated consulting services
- Website Development and Design Services from The Content Branding Solutions Website Design, SEO, Graphics, and Infographics Team
- Editorial and Editing Services for all your Company Needs
- Thought Leadership Services - Thought Leadership Marketing - Attraction Marketing Content Writers
- Coaching, Mentoring, Training, and Teaching - Hands-On Online Attraction Marketing Coaching and Brand Marketing Mentoring in Content Branding Solutions
- Digital Content Marketing Plans - Full Circle Digital Content Marketing Plans and Social Media Marketing Plans Just for You
Peter Lucking co-CEO – Creative Director
I bring three decades of knowledge of integrated design, as an award-winning architect and illustrator, business marketing director, Amazon bestselling author, ghostwriter, and editor to help you market your product.
To date, Cheri Lucking and I at Content Branding Solutions have ghostwritten and provided editorial services for eight Amazon bestsellers in the last two years. We like to work directly with the future author to ensure success
Act Now | Contact Content Branding Solutions today to discuss how to take your business to the next level
303 362 0498
Content Branding Solutions has successfully developed websites, with branded content, authored, ghostwritten, edited, illustrated, and publish thought leadership content from sustainable and economic white papers to articles and presentations on resilient design and law.
Phone: 303-362-0498 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Website:www.contentbrandingsolutions.com