The missing link in many website designs is NO SEO! Think about it, if you went to a library or Amazon and all the books were randomly filed; how would you find that one book you are looking for?
In “The Novice’s Guide to SEO” we will show you how to use organic SEO to increase brand exposure and traffic of qualified clients to your website using website SEO optimization that points the search engine in the right direction.
“Great organic search engine optimization will create 20x more traffic than pay-per-click over an extended period” – (Fishkin, 2017)
Start by knowing your core client and their needs and deliver SEO in a way that they and searched engine crawlers can find and understand what it is you do.
Always use “White hat” SEO, best practices, as defined Search Engine Optimization (SEO) Starter Guide by Google. Use integrity to provide value and engaging content to your target market and let the search engine know what that specialty is. Always use alt attributes to describe images, so that search engines can better understand the graphic content.
Do not use “Black hat” SEO, that misleads, deceives, or spams people to your site when your site fails to provide the SEO content.
The Novice’s Guide to SEO
Just like the Sales Mountain, there is an SEO Mountain that is essential to your website’s rankings. The Seven Secrets to Great SEO starts by laying a great foundation.
The Seven Secrets to Great SEO:
- Crawling, Indexing, and Ranking: Let’s your website show up to the search engine party
- Beneficial Content that answers the searcher’s question and your core income generating client’s need
- Meta Keyword Optimization to attract targeted clients and search engines
- Flow, Form, and Function, fast load speed, ease of use, and to create a great user experience on any device
- Socially Share-worthy Content that earns links, comments, and organic growth
- Page/Post Title, URL, and description to draw high Click through Rate (CTR) in the rankings.
- Page/Post Summary – Snippet/schema markup to stand out in Search Engine Results Pages (SERP’s)
The SEO Mountain
1. Crawling, Indexing, and Ranking
Before you can run you need to learn to crawl! So, it is with search engines!
Search engines have three primary functions:
- Crawling: Imagine spiders searching for their prey – Search engines scour the Internet for fresh content, looking at each URL they find.
- Indexing: Just like that book in the library, the search engine store, organize, and index the content found during the crawling process.
- Rank: If your site provides the content that will best answer a searcher’s query; the site will rank higher for that keyword search.
Accessibility so search engines can reach and index your content
2. Beneficial Content
Content and Integrated SEO go hand in hand; one without the other is meaningless. Your Content must create trust, attract new customers, and answer your target markets concerns. The three types of Content that you should focus on producing are:
- Good News Content
- Thought Leadership Content
- Presence Content
For an in-depth review of Website Design – Content and Integrated SEO read this article by Cheri Lucking: LINK
3. Meta Keywords
So, you have written an article or a 350-word blog that answers your core client’s questions and concerns. For SEO you need to understand how your audience will search for you.
Do not write nonsense content that no one can understand or wants! Write beneficial content targeted to your core income generating clients.
It is time to do your “Keyword Research.” The key is to understand your target market and audience (core income earning clients), how they search, and what keywords they use to find content.
Keyword Research can provide you with laser-focused search data that can help you answer questions like:
- Who are they and how many people are searching for it?
- What is your target audience searching for?
- Why are they searching for it?
- When are they searching for it?
- How what keywords are they using?
- In what format are they looking for information?
Another way to see what your core income generating target audience is looking for is to follow the trend-setters and social media influencers; trade magazines, conference speaker subjects, and the news that they read. The river of information always has trends that can help you identify your core target audience.
To create effective, beneficial SEO, you must understand who your customers are and what their goals are.
Now you will be armed with Meta keywords and phrases that should interweave into your useful content.
4. Form, Flow, and Function
Give your users an enjoyable experience, whether they are just surfing the net or professionals stressed beyond breaking point looking for information fast load speed, ease of use, and excellent user experience on any device is essential to your success.
From your website design to how you lay out your thought leadership articles and blogs make it fun, informative, and engaging.
Make sure your website and articles have:
- A clear menu structure
- Readable text, size, and color
- Formatting for readability & featured snippets
- Headings – Use all your style sets from H1- H4 etc.
- Bullet points – For lists, fast reads, and readability
- Paragraph breaks – Avoiding walls of text make it fun and precise to read
- Bold and italics for emphasis on the important points you want to communicate
- Media – Include images, videos, to complement your content
- Use internal links to other articles
- Do not Keyword stuff your articles
- Cross-links and references, it is essential to cite your sources
- Don’t steal other people’s images copyrighted – Buy your images from Shutterstock or have Content Branding Solutions make them for you
Remember that a graphic or “a picture is worth a thousand words.” Spice it up with images.
5. Socially Share-Worthy Content
If you don’t think its worth sharing, why share? Make sure your content is worthy of the web so that the content earns links, comments, and organic growth.
Don’t forget to post regularly following using the “The Content Cycle.”
The last two of the “The Seven Secrets to Great SEO” will require you to have an SEO plugin on your site.
- All in One SEO Pack
- Yoast SEO Plugin for WordPress
Now you need to use them as they are not as automatic as some clients think!
6. Page/Post Title, URL, and Description.
Now that you have written your article or page text, including the keywords, the goal is to drive high click-through rate (CTR) in the rankings.
Using this Article as an example:
- The page title is: Website Design – Search Engine Optimization SEO
- The SEO title is: Seven Secrets to Great SEO
- The SEO Description is: “The Seven Secrets to Great SEO from Crawling, and Indexing, to Meta Keyword optimization to attract targeted clients & create higher search engines rankings.” Exactly 160 Characters that most search engines use.
- The SEO Keywords and longtails are: Secrets to Great SEO, 7 tips for SEO, SEO Mountain, organic SEO, Website SEO, Website SEO optimization, Search Engine Optimization, SEO costs, Content Branding Solutions, Peter Lucking
- If you want to geofence, include your location, e.g., Denver, Colorado.
7. Page/Post Summary – Snippet/schema
Don’t forget to fill in the page post summary which will make it easier for you to stand out in Search Engine Results Pages (SERP’s).
The Page post summary is:
“The novices guide to SEO, how to use organic SEO to increase brand exposure and traffic of qualified clients to your website using website SEO optimization that points the search engine in the right direction.”
Now go out and start earning links from other sites as the authority.
Use Hashtags on social media linking back to your articles to increase reach. For example: #SEO #searchengineoptimization #smallbusiness #webmarketing etc.
What Should you budget for SEO cost?
What will this all cost you if a professional does it all for you?
Fees for small businesses, i.e., Single Practitioner, Lawyers, Accountants, and Dentists; Website Design, SEO integration, and site content integration, and website refresh, budgets should be in the following fee range:
|SEO SERVICES – SEO||FEE RANGE|
|1. SEO Website Optimization 10 – 25 pages Package
|$3,500 – $7,500|
|2. SEO Website Optimization 25 – 50 pages Package
SAVE $500 – $1,250
|$7,500 – $14,000|
|3. SEO Website Optimization 50 – 75 pages Package
|$14,000 – $16,675|
|4. SEO Website Optimization 75 – 100 pages Package
SAVE -$2,000 – $3,000
|$16,675 – $27,250|
SEO Website costs for SEO and SEO content integration
Of course, you can get SEO on the cheep from India or Pakistan or even Fiver, but is it worth it? That is up to you to decide.
When all is said and done your website SEO should be working as your General Sales Manager 24/7/365. It is worth the effort and upfront fees to get your website set up correctly to ensure an ROI that matches your expectations. Pay now, or pay later.
More articles in this series:
Peter Lucking co-CEO – Creative Director
With three decades of experience, as a business marketing director, award-winning designer, theatre consultant, Amazon bestselling, author, award-winning illustrator, and editor, I am ready to help you market your business.
Content Branding Solutions, in Denver, Colorado, provides SEO copywriting, Social media copywriting services, Content consultant services in Denver, along with B2B content marketing services, Branding content marketing, and B2B copywriting services.
We help small businesses envision their goals and deliver the content to succeed in a competitive market. With a well thought out consistent content marketing strategy, you can effectively grow your business.
We have successfully authored, ghostwritten, edited, illustrated, and publish thought leadership books and content from sustainable and economic white papers to articles and presentations on law, resilient design, and economics which culminating in multiple Amazon bestselling books.
Give us a call so we can get to know each other.
Fishkin, Rand The State of Searcher Behavior Revealed Through 23 Remarkable Statistics, MoZ https://moz.com/blog/state-of-searcher-behavior-revealed
For an in-depth look at SEO, please read MOZ – The Beginner’s Guide to SEO and its associated articles.
Content Branding Solutions – What Can We Do for You? Contact Us Today
Content Branding Solutions is the Solution for Your Growing Graphics, Website design, SEO and Copywriting Demands
World-class websites – Digital marketing for the Design and Construction Industry
We help Design and Construction firms envision their goals and deliver the content to succeed in a competitive market. With a well thought out consistent content marketing strategy, you can effectively grow your construction business.
Copywriting demand is at an all-time high. Marketers are actively searching for professionals that know their market and want to partner with them.
Our Specialty niche is B2B Copywriting is for the Design and Construction Industry
BUILDING DESIGN Architects Engineers Interior Design Lighting Designers A&E Consultants Professional Consultant Firms Sustainable Design Resilient Building Design Sustainable Solutions Professional Businesses Cultural Performing Arts Design Firms
CONSTRUCTION INDUSTRY General Contractors Construction Companies Construction Managers CM CMGC Home Builders Real Estate Small Businesses
Download Content Branding Solutions Copywriting and Services Pricing Guide
Seven Marketing Trends and Predictions for Staying Connected to Your Customers
The Top Marketing B2B Tactics
Copywriting Essentials for Marketing Success
Fee Ranges for Copyrighting, Images, and Coaching